Get off the sugar roller coaster with this easy protein hot chocolate recipe!
Controlling insulin is important to weight loss and controlling hunger, if you have indulged in sugar you are craving it more!
How to break the cycle: eat a low glycemic meal that contains healthy fat and then finish with this protein hot chocolate and some NST, go to bed early and you will reset your cravings cycle.
Make some up now so you'll have it on hand!
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder (approximately 4 x 30 gram scoops) I like the one found here
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener of choice (Sugar Free, such as Swerve, found here)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (feel free to add more, for a richer chocolate flavor) I use raw cacao powder found here.
To make the hot chocolate mix
- In a large mixing bowl, sift your cocoa powder to avoid any clumps.
- In a separate bowl, add all the ingredients and mix very well, until combined.
To make one serving
- Add 7 tablespoons of hot chocolate mixture into a large mug.
- Add 1/4 cup of boiling water and mix very well until everything is combined and no clumps remain. Add 1/2-1 cup of either hot water or warmed up milk of choice, mix again and enjoy!