I knoooowwwww you don't want to think more about food, because OMG there's just too many recipes, diet books and all sorts of other discussions about FOOD! I'm sick of it too. SO, let's talk about health, about feeling GREAT more of the freaking time! Try to focus on eating good food 75% of the time and you will see improvements in this area. It's not about being perfect, its about feeling better.
So, I know you want to keep bloating at bay! I hear about this problem ALOT. Keeping your good gut bacteria happy is one of the best ways to ensure that you have good digestion. Our Mermaid Cove Metabolism Tea is especially good at helping heal guts, get rid of bloating and increasing digestion. A lot of what you think may be excess weight could be bloating and water trapped in your tissues because your body's balance is off.
Steps to get more Good Gut Bacteria
1. Eat a fiber-rich, whole foods diet—it should be rich in beans, nuts, seeds, fruits, and vegetables—all of which feed good bugs. Coconut Flour is especially fiber rich and can be added to recipes to increase the fiber count, but don't overdo it. Fermented Foods are also great for gut bacteria.
2. Limit all sugar, processed foods, conventionally raised animal fats —these provide food for unhealthy bugs.
3. Avoid the use of antibiotics, acid blockers, and anti-inflammatories as in pain relievers, they let bad bacteria grow.
4. Take probiotics daily—these healthy, friendly flora can improve your digestive health and reduce inflammation and allergies. Our eat foods that are pre and pro biotic!
5. Stress can damage your intestinal ecosystem, learn coping techniques and actively reduce stress and increase joy.
6. Intense exercise seems to increase gut diversity in a positive manner, but findings are preliminary.
To your health and happiness,
First of all, congrats for showing up!I always want to recognize you!And let you know that you're doing a great job!This month I want to bring you ways to enhance your health through changes made in your beauty routine and enhance your beauty made through changes in what you eat, drink and how you exercise and relax.If any of this feels overwhelming, just do what you can. Detoxing and weight loss are both cumulative and geometric. (Yes I did have some extra caffeine this morning!)This means that that if you do 1 thing you're going to get a direct result, but if you do two things, you are going to get 3, 4 or possibly more results from the combined effect that the two things have together.Unfortunately, the same is true for toxic substances, for example when you take pain reliever after you have had too much alcohol, together they're much worse for your liver than they would be separately.Adding Epsom salts to your bath once a week is an easy thing to do, if you combined it with more efforts, you'll see results faster.These are the Epsom Salts I recommend: Epsoak Epsom SaltsHow are Epsom Salts different than sea salt?Epsom salts are named after a spring in Epsom in Surrey, England. Epsom salts are a naturally occurring mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate. Epsom Salts enhance the natural detoxification of our bodies through our skin, plus they add greatly needed magnesium.
How do they draw out toxins?Magnesium and sulfate are both quickly absorbed through the skin and into our blood. The skin is a highly porous membrane that both takes in minerals and eliminates toxins every day. Using a powerful mineral base such as Epsom salts in a bathwater creates a process called reverse osmosis, which pulls excess salt and harmful toxins out of the body and allows the magnesium and sulfates in through the skin. Orange and Lemon peels are also highly detoxifying, essential oils contain concentrated oil from the citrus peel as well.As we know, toxins stored in the body fat are a major reason why weight loss can be halted or slow.
What else does it do?
Magnesium plays a role in over 325 enzymes, helps to improve muscle and nerve function, reduces inflammation and improves blood flow and oxygenation throughout the body. Sulfates are necessary building blocks for healthy joints, skin and nervous tissue. Epsom salts replenish the body's magnesium levels and sulfates. The combination helps to flush toxins from the body and helps build protein molecules in the brain tissues and joints.
The use of Epsom Salt has been shown to improve the symptoms of many health conditions including athlete's foot, gout, toenail fungus, sprains, bruises and muscle soreness. It is also good for anyone dealing with chronic disease or chronic pain to do regular Epsom baths to help detoxify and reduce inflammation while improving mineral and sulfur content in the body.Sulfur is known as the beauty mineral and will make your skin, hair and nails stronger and more beautiful. Magnesium will help you feel relaxed, help tense muscles relax and help you sleep better.
California Citrus Detox Bath Salts1/4 cup lemon peel, shaved with a micro planer1-2 cups orange peel, shaved with a micro planeressential oils2 pounds Epsom saltsMix all ingredients together, make sure you dilute your essential oils with a carrier oil, put 1 pound in your bath and relax 20-40 minutes.
Don't you just love ice cream in the summer?If you haven't yet jumped on the banana nice cream trend,now is the time to do it!What's nice cream?
Its basically frozen bananas blended
until they're smooth and creamy like ice cream!Here's the basic recipe forBanana Blueberry Nice Cream:2 1/2 frozen bananas
1/2 cup frozen blueberries1-2 tbsp. waterMix all and blend until ice creamy(Add more or less water for desired consistency) you may have to scrape the sides of your container a couple timesThere's a thousand and one ways to change it up-add any fruit, nut or mix in you can think ofadd nutritional items like flax, chia, bee pollen, protein powder, or even nut butters, avocado or cocoa powderMake your frozen bananas into a smoothie, smoothie bowl, ice cream sandwich, popsicle or serve it in a fruit bowl for breakfast!Replacing high fat dairy with nutritious banana is a great step for your skin, too! You should see a reduction in inflammation, redness and puffiness.Bananas are high in potassium, which is great for your nerves, relaxation and muscle tension.Hope you enjoy, would love to see what you create on Insta! Tag me!
5 TOP SECRET WEIGHT LOSS TRICKS
Below, you will find out the top secret weight loss weapons that are used by expert trainers and nutritionists to get their clients burning more calories in less time, now you can use them, too!
Blood Sugar Regulation
Berries are showing to be responsible for regulating blood sugar levels after meals. Studies have shown that a key antioxidant in berries turns off the activity of an enzyme which is responsible for disintegrating starch into sugar which means fewer simple sugars are released into the bloodstream. This plays a vital role in weight loss because insulin shuttles excess sugar into weight loss. Using berries to replace refined sugar and flour found in desserts and pastries can be especially effective at controlling blood sugar, plus they are high in fiber. Finish each meal with ½ cup of your favorite berry!
Fanning the Flame
According to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, combining regular exercise with fish oil supplements can increase the activity of your weight burning enzymes. Look for brands with at least 300 grams of the fatty acid EPA and 200 milligrams of fatty acid DHA that are ultra refined and medical food grade. It’s best to eat these capsules before exercise and after 6pm as that’s when your body can best utilize them. As always, you must check with your doctor prior to using new supplements to see how they will affect your unique health.
Sneak In Fiber
As long as you are eating natural foods, you will reap the belly-filling benefits of both soluble and insoluble fibers. Fiber overfills your stomach by making you feel stuffed so you don’t snack. Fiber lets you enjoy a full stomach with minimal calorie intake. It keeps you fuller for longer and when combined with a teatox can significantly help you cut back on calories without feeling deprived. Best bets for fiber: fruits and veggies, plus whole grains if you tolerate them well. Remember 5-10 bites per meal of carbohydrate will keep you from overeating them!
Drink 8 to 10 Glasses of Water and Tea
This is the easiest way to shed those extra pounds. Try to drink 8 to 10 glasses of icy cold water and tea per day as they boost your metabolism to warm them up to body temperature. A glass of water or tea with lemon is a recipe for successful weight loss as pectin in lemons reduces food cravings and so does tea with flavor. Drinking one glass of water or tea daily will help you consume 27,000 fewer calories per year. Drinking liquid prevents muscle cramping and keeps the joints lubricated. If you really want the water and tea to help you lose weight, you should follow the 8 a day regime suggested by most nutritionists.
Antioxidants in food protect cells from damage which can lead to premature aging and disease. New studies from the University of Florida have shown that people who consume more antioxidants weigh less. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals that are naturally formed in the body as a byproduct of calories being converted into energy. Foods that are high in antioxidants are low in calories, thus making them ideal for weight loss. They seem to help diminish inflammation which is a root cause of obesity.
These ideas may sound simple, but when you use them together, especially when you are eating clean and moving smart each day, you will see an amazing transformation. If you’re interested in getting started on our best-selling weight signature product Newport Skinny Tea trial size at a limited time intro price: you can find it here: Special Limited Time Intro Price for Newport Skinny Tea 7 day trial.
I just wanted to congratulate you for finishing the August Tea Challenge, I know you're feeling fantastic!! What an AMAZING step for you to take towards better health & feeling great!! I hope you're so proud of yourself! Amazing!
September is a month to wipe the slate clean, many people are going back to school or have kids who are, life gets back to normal and you have a bit more freedom to do things we want for ourselves.
So I want to continue on the last email I sent, about loving yourself enough and give you this little gem, when you love yourself you actually are giving others permission to love you, too.
When you take care of yourself you are showing that you are valuable and worth caring about, to yourself and to others.
People look to others in relationships to find out if they are valuable and worth caring for, no one can give a sense of internal worth to you, you must find it inside by sharing your purpose with the world.
This is a very deep, personal topic for many of you, I know I've received some letters and comments lately about how many of you are dealing with these issues. Thank you for being so brave to share your journey with me, and thank you for listening to me give my advice, I truly do feel like helping others is my purpose!
Please keep sharing your story!!
You help others when you do!
More on this later,
PS: A couple reminders:
THANK YOU so much for everyone who took our short 5 question survey, I was blown away with all that you had to say! It's still open if you want to take it.
Also, I'd like to remind you to submit your review of your tea challenge experience by September 10th!
Remember if you submit a written review you get 1 free tea, if you submit photos with it you get 2 free teas and if you submit both of those plus a short video file you get 3 free bags of tea!
Woo Hoo!! Please send everything to firstname.lastname@example.org
A word about subscription orders, we offer a discount on subscription orders for those who want to receive an automated order each month, when you set up your account you are the ONLY one who has access to it, and you are the only one who can turn it on and off. These purchases are final and will not be refunded, as its extremely difficult to do.
Our Mermaid Cove Metabolism tea is back ordered a bit, so expect a few extra days for that to ship out.
The basic steps in the August Tea Challenge:
1. Drink 3-5 cups of tea daily, especially when you're craving carbs or sugar. If you are using the Newport Skinny Tea, drink the daytime tea 1 hour before breakfast and one hour before lunch. At night drink the night time tea, or other decaffeinated tea meant to help you sleep peacefully. Use tea to help you manage cravings.2. Eat every 3-5 hours. At your 3 meals and 2 snacks, fill 30% of your plate with low fat protein, it doesn't matter what kind right now. Use an app like My Fitness Pal to track your calories and macronutrients, we are aiming for between 1200-1500 calories per day.3. Fill the rest of your plate with low glycemic carbohydrates... this means vegetables + a dash of fat. Right now we're going for GOOD ENOUGH. Increase your vegetable intake, each day. If you need some inspiration you can check out our Clean Eating board on Pinterest. You can include fruit as well, but don't go overboard on it, especially if you know that your metabolism has been damaged.4. Decrease all consumption of white carbohydrates and what I call white fats, which include refined sugar, flour, rice, potatoes and bread and vegetable oils that aren't olive oil. This means fast foods, packaged foods and baked goods. Does this mean you can never have them? No, it means you're cutting back on them and increasing vegetables and fruits. Here's my warning, these types of foods are incredibly addictive, and you will have some withdrawal symptoms when you stop eating them, you may feel ill, nauseous and even have some sort of physical reaction like a headache when you give them up. There's no prize for going super fast, so take your time, these changes are for the long haul.Here's the GREAT NEWS, we are taking these steps to help increase your good hormones and decrease your bad hormones (yes, I will be writing about this more). Each meal affects your hormonal state for about 3-5 hours after you eat it, so each meal is another chance to get it right.There is no point of giving up on your plan because you went out and had pizza one night, because the next meal is just the next opportunity to get yourself back in hormonal balance.I really want to stress how important it is that you give yourself a reason for changing these habits and that you know that it is a process and sometimes you will not achieve each step above. It doesn't matter- DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP ABOUT IT, that is only reinforcing the negative image you have in your mind.As always, with all supplements and eating plans, its essential that you are talking with your physician before making changes, they are the only one who can give you personalized recommendations based on your medical history.