There are roughly 20,000 diet books in print... omg, talk about information overload... and here's the thing I always wondered when I saw a new, great diet book appear-- how sooo many so called experts could have such different opinions about what is the best way for us to reach our weight loss goals? It's so confusing!Yes this email is long, but actually, I'm saving you a boatload of time, because I'm going to give you the giant secret to what actually makes all these books alike!You're welcome :)Many women have told me are looking for simplicity in the struggle to feel healthy and be at their ideal weight. I know how it feels, because I've been one of them for quite awhile, I shared my story previously so I won't bore you with it again, but trust me when I say I know your pain! Please keep writing me your letters, I love reading them!That is what the August Tea Challenge is all about, creating daily templates that are livable and repeatable and actually enjoyable, that get you TO YOUR GOAL and keep you there!So back to the diet books, I was looking for the common denominator of these 20,000 diets, and it seems that Dr. Barry Sears was also wondering the same question, because I found my answer in his scientific research.
Dr, Sears is a Ph.D. who has been writing about diet and its affect on our health for over 30 years, I remember reading The Zone back in the late 90s. Since then his research has continued and science has been proving his original theories correct, in fact Harvard and the USDA food pyramids continue to get closer to his recommendations each year.The SECRET thing that he says unites all diet plans is what is called the "Glycemic Load" of the diet. Either the diet contains too much carbohydrates and makes excess insulin or too little carbohydrates and creates excess glucagon. Either way, this creates some hormonal disruption in your body that forces you away from your ideal weight.How do we solve this problem?
That's the SECRET you need to know!!!Here's a brief explaination from the Zone website abouthow to structure your meals each day:
"Following the Zone Diet blueprint is easy. At every meal, divide your plate into three equal sections. (You need an eye for that.) On one-third of the plate put some low-fat protein that is no larger or thicker than the palm of your hand (that’s because some hands are larger than others).This doesn’t have to be animal protein, but it has to be protein-rich. For vegans this means either extra-firm tofu or soy-imitation meat products. For lacto-ovo vegetarians, it can also include dairy and egg protein-rich sources in addition to vegan sources of protein. For omnivores, the choice of proteins is even wider.
Next, fill the other two-thirds of your plate with colorful carbohydrates, primarily non-starchy vegetables and small amounts of fruits to balance the protein as shown below.
Here are two very practical hints when it comes to carbohydrates. First, the more white (white bread, white pasta, white rice, and white potatoes) you put on your plate, the more inflammation you are going to create. Second, the more non-starchy vegetables you consume and the fewer grains and starches you eat (ideally none), the better the results. Scientifically, it’s called lowering the glycemic load of the meal.
Finally, you add a dash of fat (that’s a small amount). The fat should be rich in monounsaturated fat, and low in omega-6 and saturated fats. This could be olive oil, guacamole, or nuts."Below you can find a graphic from his website, www.zonediet.com and his website explains the science in much more detail than I will here. Another really important thing that he goes over is the science behind polyphenols and how they play a role in protecting your health, which are also found in our Newport Skinny Tea.I have been successful with the Zone structure and I have found many other people find its basic simplicity very easy to use. The actual diet is more specific and exact than what I'll be teaching you to use as an outline, so if you are interested in reading more about this diet and the exact way to use it, I suggest you buy the book The Mediterranean ZoneOver this into week, I will simplify this template even more and be giving you easy meal guides and recipes you can follow that will get your appetite under control, using this approach along with daily tea drinking is going to sky rocket your efforts, although I cannot make guarantees that you will achieve results, I have seen this approach work when nothing else would, so start getting ready for our August tea challenge!You can follow along with or without our teatox product,if you want to order the challenge kit, make sure you do it soon!!Details below!
Does this tea really work? How does using tea to detox help weight loss?Detox is the process of removing of toxins and harmful materials from the body, your body does this naturally and can be helped using some products and supplements. It is a very important process necessary for a healthy and active lifestyle and to keep your weight under control, as well. Now you are definitely thinking of how do I detox myself? I am going to tell you about that.Newport Skinny Tea is a wonderful mix of natural tea and herbs that helps that helps to removes the toxins and harmful materials from your body quickly. Besides detoxification, it has numerous benefits such as:
- promoting weight loss through using food more efficiently
- Increasing metabolic rate
- Burning calories and converting food to energy
- Regulating blood sugar levels
- Suppressing your appetite
- Promoting healthy skin
- Cleansing and detoxifying intestines
- Improving food digestion
All the ingredients of the Newport Skinny Tea are pure, organic and preservative free, they deliver the benefits of fastest weight loss without going through the pain, discomfort and possible negative effects of extreme dieting that can hurt your metabolism in the long run. Newport Skinny Tea actually helps your body repair damaged parts of its metabolism, while we cannot guarantee results or make weight loss claims, you can search for yourself the wonderful studies that have been published about the ingredients that are in Newport Skinny Tea.
How Does The Tea Works?
Newport Skinny Tea consists of ingredients that helps you to maintain a healthy body weight without becoming ill by harmful toxins as they are released from your fat stores. It does this as it assists in detoxification process by trapping the toxins and excess dietary fat that you are eating and escorting them out of your body quickly.
You may have been trapped in a cycle where you are dieting and exercising strenuously only to find that you are gaining weight or there is no movement on the scale, this is more common than you think! There can be several causes of this, but most commonly what is happening is that you are getting the excess fat into your blood stream through exercise and then you are not burning it off, its actually just being reabsorbed by your body.
Sometimes, if a person has made their starvation mechanism activate by withholding food from themselves for long periods of time, the body will hold on to every possible calorie, because it is in "starvation." This is an especially difficult and unfortunate place to be, because it takes a lot of consistency and patience to get out of it. You have to convince your hormones that you're safely out of the famine. For this to rebalance, you need to get your hormones under control, especially your cortisol and calm your system down, which tea is very good at doing. Make sure if you use coffee, that you drink tea immediately after your coffee, which will help your hormones balance.
Also, a metabolism can be so weighed down with toxins that it just is basically not functioning or very confused. There are so many toxins that will confuse our communication in our body. In both these cases, tea and herbs found in Newport Skinny Tea can be extremely beneficial in getting you through those plateaus and back to feeling healthy and vibrant! If you are eating a diet very high in processed foods, sugars and oils, you need to start transitioning to a higher fiber, very clean diet and keep being vigilant with it until you begin to feel better. Herbs in our tea, especially our night time tea will help escort these toxins which are trapped in your fat, out of the body, but be warned, you can feel sick when they are coming out and you can also crave them very badly as well.
I want to again state that starving the body and drinking harsh chemicals that make you lose 5 pounds in a week will only make these states worse, and is definitely not what our teas are designed to do. Our teas are designed to help you regain a state of balance, where you can enjoy eating food and exercise again, and stop worrying about every single thing you eat. Relaxing is a great benefit to your body's hormones as well.
Obesity is considered as a multifactorial disease as it causes many other diseases that are fatal, such as cardiovascular diseases. So the first step of becoming healthy is to maintaining healthy body weight by overcoming obesity. In this respect, Newport Skinny tea is a great solution to use with dietary and exercise changes. The day time tea helps to convert your food into energy by burning your food’s fats. It increases your body metabolism and have appetite suppressant ingredients that helps you to feel less hungry. By taking it on regular basis, it will help you to reduce weight and improve your body's physiological profile.The night time tea acts as a cleanser of toxins that are present in your body. It also helps the absorption of the unwanted calories and fats resulting in faster weight loss. It helps you to look skinny and beautiful by supporting positive lifestyle changes!
We are here to help you find your best body, however no two people or situations are exactly alike, and not everyone will respond to any recommendation, no matter how many studies have been done on it. We recommend healthy lifestyle changes and our products are designed to support you as you make these changes, please don't give up on yourself! You can do it if you commit to finding a solution, you definitely deserve to feel and look great!
Right now get $5 off a 21 day Newport Skinny Tea program plus a FREE 7 day program to give to a friend (hey will ALL love friends who share great products with us!) with code "Free7day" No need to add the 7 day to the cart, your free 7 day will come with your order. Just add the 21 day to the cart and use the code and you will get $5 off.
Sugar detoxget off the roller coasterSugar addiction is very common physical addiction and withdrawal is comparatively mild to emotional and psychological withdrawal that usually accompanies it. Symptoms of this process are fatigue, anxiety and irritability, depression, detachment rapid heart beat and palpitations.Getting off refined sugars and processed carbs that make blood sugar spike can be one of the keys to permanently staying at your healthy weight easily. This is also a key to avoiding disease, getting the kind of stable energy you want throughout the day and sleeping better. It will also be reflected in your skin, because your hormones will be more stable and your break outs will begin to diminish.Good Foods to replace sugary foods with:FruitPopcornAlmond butter & celeryProtein smoothiesTeamixed nuts & seedssaladdried fruit (if tolerated)Once you get off the sugar roller coaster, you will easily spot how one sugary treat sends you right back into the cravings cycle! You will start craving carbs soon after that initial sugar rush starts to let down, and that's the time to reach for protein or a salad to break the cycle.
Tips for breaking the sugar craving cycle:
Here's more instructions on breaking a serious sugar addiction, remember take your time with it, it didn't happen overnight and it won't go away overnight. From an article "4 Steps to Successfully Cut Down on Sugar" in the Huffington Post:"The average American adult consumes the equivalent of about 32 teaspoons of sugar per day. Sugar is really the number one food additive: it is added to drinks, often in the form of high-fructose corn syrup, to bread, sauces, dressings, and to all kinds of processed foods including many low-fat products. "
- Drink 8 glasses of water + tea per day
- Make sure you are getting enough fiber by eating whole foods
- Check with your doctor about a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement and testing to see if you are deficient, some nutrient deficiencies can provoke cravings
- Look out for hidden sugar + artificial sweeteners that mimic sugar in your body, especially in sauces and condiments
- Try stevia or xylitol to see if they work for you in replacing sugar
- Make sure you are getting enough complex carbs + protein to fuel your body, starving it of nutrients and fuel creates a blood sugar crash
- Most bottled juices and juice drinks are mainly sugar, avoid these as well.
- Add fruit as a dessert
Custom Detox Bathing
Before You Bathe:
- Drink plenty of water! Your body is supposed to sweat out all the toxins, so you will need to keep your body as hydrated as possible.
- Make sure someone else is home. Some people feel dizzy/light headed afterwards. Just in case you don’t feel well, it’s good to have someone there to help.
- Allow your body to digest your food before taking a bath (i.e. don’t eat immediately beforehand).
- Make sure the water temperature is hot, but comfortable.
- Start mixing in the ingredients when the tub is about halfway full. Every now and then, swirl the water around to make sure everything is mixing/dissolving.
- Stay in the tub for 20-40 minutes.
- You can take these baths anywhere from once a day to once in a while, depending on how your body reacts to them.
After You Bathe:
- Get out of the bath slowly and carefully. If you feel dizzy/lightheaded, this feeling should go away after a few minutes.
- Drink plenty of water! Your body sweated a lot, so you need to re-hydrate.
- It is suggested to moisturize your skin with olive oil or coconut oil.
- If you take a shower to rinse off, make sure the water is cool.
Types of Detox Baths
I’ve seen a variety of different detox baths, all with different ingredients and different proportions of each ingredient. Really, you can be your own “chemist,” do some trial and error, and find what works best for you. A range of suggested ingredient amounts are provided in parentheses (again, pick what is best for YOU). For Epsom salt, start small and work your body’s tolerance up.
Main Detox Bath Ingredients:
- Epsom salt (1-2 cups)
- 100% magnesium sulfate – replenishes body’s magnesium levels
- Increases body’s ability to detoxify, strenghtens immune system, helps soothe aching muscles, reduces swelling, helps heal bruises
- You can read more about Epsom salts here
- Baking soda (1-2 cups)
- Neutralizes any chemicals in tap water (chlorine and flouride especially), smoothes skin, helps alkalize body & aids detoxifcation
- Green tea bags (2-5 bags)
- Antioxidant, relaxes body, soothes sore muscles and rashes
- Apple Cider Vinegar (1/2-2 cups)
- Anti-inflammatory, softens skin
- Essential Oils (5-20 drops)
- Great aromas and unique therapeutic benefits of each
- Ground Ginger (1 tbsp – a handful)
- Increases circulation, promotes sweating, helps open pores, helps in pain relief
- Lemon halves/lemon juice (1 tbsp – 1/3 cup)
- Antioxidant, brightens skin
- Olive Oil (1 tbsp – 1/3 cup)
- Moisturizes skin
This is a wonderful way to relax and get healthier, these can be done regularly but make sure to keep them under 30 minutes as you will begin to reabsorb the toxins. Make sure you don't get too hot and add cooler water if you start to sweat profusely. You can also use your leftover loose leaf tea in your bath, just contain it in a small bag or infuser so it does not clog your drain.
Day 1 of Hot & Lazy boot camp
Legs up wall yoga pose is so easy! Its a restorative, restful pose you can do it while you’re doing something else and the list of benefits is HUGE (see below). Here's a great example of being rewarded for being more lazy! With daily practice you will see better digestion, better circulation and better skin tone, plus less anxiety! Try this today and feel better immediately!
How to do Legs up wall
- Sidle one hip as close as you can to a wall.
- Swing both legs up the wall and move your rear end as close to the wall as possible. If this hurts your hamstrings, slide a few inches away from the wall. Rest your arms on your belly, or stretch them away from you in a T, W, or V position.
- When you are done, bend your knees, roll to one side, and rest there, taking a few breaths before getting up.
what’s going on in this pose?
- Your femur bones are dropping into your hip sockets, relaxing your psoas, the muscles that help you walk and support your lower back.
- Blood is draining out of your tired feet and legs.
- Your nervous system is getting a signal to slow down, It’s all stress release and recovery
Want more of this in your life?
- Do this pose while doing something you love, it will form a positive link in your brain, such as watching guilty pleasure TV shows, playing games on your phone or reading Divergent for the 3rd time. Set an alarm on your phone for the first week, because we often forget to integrate new habits- make technology work for you!
- Check out Yoga Journal’s A lazy girl's guide to yoga
- Ask a fun friend to check out yoga classes with you, most centers have a special rate for first time visitors. Or find an at-home yoga based workout program, our favorite is Piyo by Chalene Johnson
- Eases anxiety and stress
- Therapeutic for arthritis, headaches, high blood pressure, low blood pressure and insomnia
- Eases symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, menstrual cramps and menopause
- Relieves tired or cramped feet and legs
- Gently stretches the hamstrings, legs and lower back
- Relieves lower back pain
- Calms the mind
- Regulates blood flow
- Relieves swollen ankles and varicose veins
- Helps testicular, semen, and ovarian problems in men and women respectively
- Improves digestion and circulation
- Restores tired feet or legs
- Stretches the back of the neck, front torso, and back of the legs
- Improves problems of the eyes and ears
- Relieves mild backache
- Helps keep you young and vital
- Calms anxiety
- Relieves symptoms of mild depression and insomnia
Contraindicated for glaucoma, please check with your doctor first before trying this pose if you have any concerns about your health and/or medications.
Tea is essentially an infusion of vegetable leaves that contain some of the most potent natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant substances known on earth. Regular drinking of tea, green or black, is associated with great health thanks to tea's high content of a catechin polymer called epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG.
Antioxidants are substances found in tea (and many other foods) that can prevent and slow the oxidative stress on the body which occurs naturally, but can be increased by things like exercise and a poor diet. There are many studies done on why antioxidants, especially those found in tea, are so beneficial for the body. But what most people really want to know is, can tea really help increase my metabolism? And the answer researchers keep finding is YES!
Studies comparing the fat burning properties of caffeine alone vs caffeine combine with EGCG show that the latter combination results in a 12% higher rate of fat burning, even when no exercise or other caloric restriction is present! That means that drinking tea even while sitting on the couch will help your body burn more fat! One study concluded tea's "thermogenic properties could reside primarily in an interaction between its high content in catechin-polyphenols and caffeine." This flies directly in the face of the "Calories in-calories out" model where fat burning can be increased only by increasing physical activity, which is why people have such a hard time accepting that tea can actually help you.
This synergistic fat-burning result between caffeine and EGCG explains why tea has a greater effect on weight loss than taking either caffeine or EGCGs alone, along with the other great benefits tea has on preventing inflammation, tea truly can be called a super fat-burning beverage!
So drink up!
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee you will have weight loss.